Do you always feel down whenever you look at the mirror and see your hair? Lack of self-confidence can decrease your productivity. To go about this, find the best hair treatment products, such as hair care treatment shampoo, and consult hair experts.
Moreover, this guide will talk about the following to help you get the benefits:
- What happens to your hair when you go swimming
- Protecting your hair while swimming
- The right foods for the health of your hair
What You Should Do to Your Hair Before You Go Swimming
Swimming is fun. Spending the trip with your friends is something that you would never forget. After countless beach trips, one of the things that suffer is your hair. Aside from exposure to sunlight, seawater can dramatically damage your hair. Basking in the sun and enjoying the beauty of the seashore can make your hair frizzy and untamable.
If you’re not a beach lover, you might have been attending swimming pool getaways instead. But the water in the pool can still damage your hair. It contains chlorine. In fact, a large amount of chlorine is being applied to pool water to sanitize the recreational area. This chemical can make your hair dry, leading to hair damage.
Pretty sure, you wouldn’t like turning your hair into a midsummer nightmare. Here’s how you can maintain a smooth hair after a dip:
- Before leaving the house for a swimming trip, use the right shampoo for your hair. Experts recommend the one that can fight frizz. It will help you combat humidity and the sun.
- Applying a chlorine hair protection product before getting wet in the swimming pool is ideal for protecting your hair from the harmful chemical.
- When your friends invite you to go to the beach, don’t forget to bring a leave-in conditioner for your hair. This will help prevent your hair from drying, inhibiting the saltwater from penetrating your hair.
- Some people wear a swim cap. There are now new cool caps on the market that will suit your taste.
- Drink enough water because the hotness of the sun and doing some activities can make you sweat excessively. Salt can dehydrate your skin and hair, leaving them dry.
- If you forgot to bring your leave-in conditioner and you will be soaking yourself in the seawater, wet your hair first using freshwater. It will serve as a coating against the harm of the salt.
The Right Foods for Your Hair
The growth rate of one’s hair depends on age, health, genetics, and diet. In fact, human hair grows 0.5 inches per month in general. That is 6 inches per year. The development of your hair goes up considerably when you choose the right type of food. Conversely, a poor diet could lead to hair loss.
The boost the growth of your hair, here are some of the foods that you must consume:
- fatty fish
- sweet potatoes
- seeds like flaxseeds, chia seeds, etc.
- sweet pepper
Enjoy your swimming activities with your friends. To be confident that your hair stays protected, consider the tips mentioned above. You would be glad you did.